How many people AREN'T looking forward to the up coming hoildays?

I almost feel like the only one that doesn't want the holidays to come. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Scrudge. Just growing up every single holiday ALWAYS had major fighting, violence and cops. I can't remember one holiday that didn't have that. When I started dating at 14 I was never home for any holidays. I spent the day with my boyfriends families. Even though I'm an adult with kids I still haven't really had a good holiday. My husband loves to pick a fight some how or either his mother or my mother calls and says something that ruins the day. I'm trying to enjoy it for my kids. I decorate hell I'm even sucking up and doing a Thanksgiving her and invited my evil MIL and BIL. This Christmas my kids won't have their daddy so it won't be the same for them. Holidays really suck.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• I just lost my mother and mil, so no you are not the only one. Looking forward to January
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I love the hoildays only because I love seeing my children reaction to everything. I don't let other people shh effect me. If I know that someone will start drama I will avoid them.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 3:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I AM looking forward to the holidays, but I just wish SO would be more into them. He treats them like any other day, whereas I was raised in a holiday-happy family. My family is far away, but SO's is close by. He doesnt want to see anyone and wants to enjoy the holiday and weekend to himself and work on his truck. While I agree he needs and deserves the time to himself, we havent seen his family in a long time and we were invited to a get together. I'd go with ds but it wouldnt be the same without SO and not fair. I did buy a feast for us though! Too bad I'll be cooking for just the three of us
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't enjoy them but only because I work in retail. Oh and because SO tends to pick fights because he doesn't like doing things with my family.
    xredstarsx

Answer by xredstarsx at 4:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• ME. I will be relieved when December is over.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The holidays are depressing. I miss my babies.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2010