Does anyone know of any really good workouts for abs and "backfat"? Those are my problem areas.

kristina_faith

Asked by kristina_faith at 2:22 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• There are various crunches you can do to work out your abs. However you should remember that they won't help you lose weight there. Well, they will but not in the way you think. People gain and lose fat in a predetermined manner. It's different for each person. Working out one part of your body won't cause you to lose fat there, though you will lose fat. You just might lose it elsewhere first.

Ab and back exercises will help you to strengthen the muscles there though.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I had to do some physical therapy at one point and let me tell you this exercise is not really easy. So you lay on your back bend your knees flat feet. Lift your bended knees to almost your chest breathe moving legs side to side. Put your hands under your butt then make sure your small of your back is touching the ground and lift your straight legs up six inches and eventually incorporate the bending of them. That will get you abs. Its hards. Also using a stationary bike works wonders for abs as well.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I think a great workout for you would be Turbo Jam! It is awesome for getting your waist trimmer (she has a lost of mid section moves that work it!) and your abs defined. I happen to sell Turbo Jam and many more dvd's if you want more info let me know!
    DreamnBigEliza

Answer by DreamnBigEliza at 3:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Exercises can only tone your muscle underneath the fat, but that won't remove the fat itself. And, love handles are just that – pure fat. The only way to burn fat is a healthy diet and cardiovascular exercise. This will help you lose weight all over your body including your love handles. As for the exercises, you could try some basic crunches, twist crunches, anchoring exercises, elbow-to-opposite-knee sit-ups, and bent-over twists but, as I already said, all these exercises must be applied along the very strong diet.
    PlasticSurgeon

Answer by PlasticSurgeon at 3:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2008