Is it still possible I may be pregnant?

I should have started the 11th but still haven't I've taken 3 tests and all come up negative and I've called my dr and they said just wait a week and taake another one! That if I am it will pop up eventually and that the home pregnancy tests are just as accurate as theirs! It's been six years since I've had to deal with any of this! So I'm a tad lost! Is there a test that you would reccomed that works better!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Health

• A digital one or first response.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Call and schedule to get a blood test done.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• A lot of doctors don't make an initial prenatal appointment until 8-10 weeks anyway, unless there are problems. So unless you want to fork over the money and insist on getting a blood test and/or an ultrasound, I would just wait a week and take another test. The ones that say they're accurate up to 5 days before a missed period are the most sensitive, so I'd go with those. And if it gets past the first week of December and you still haven't gotten a period or a positive test, then I'd make an appointment with the doctor for sure.

But your doctor is right. Their pee tests are exactly the same as the home ones, so no sense paying them 10 times as much to tell you the same thing.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Some doctors will not do a blood test just because you request it. The always do a pee test first anyway. My doctor does not do a blood test unless there is a reason. And having a negative test is not a good enough reason for them. I would just be patient & take their advice.
    Anonymous

• I've done both of those bjojola! And mommy of two they refuse to do one until after I've missed 2! I don't know why! I'm tryin to find a new dr that my insurance will cover that can get me in but my primary is out of town for the holiday's (or he would) and the other ob/gyn's on my insuraance can't get me in for a month!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Okay....the reason they want you to miss 2 cycles.....a lot of women miss a cycle now and then in their lives. Especially if they are stressed. Just take a deep breath - wait a week, get a 1st response test and test with your 1st pee in the morning.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• They refuse to do a blood test because if they gave everyone a blood test who thought they might be pregnant it would waste a lot of time & also the insurance co. would be having a fit for having to pay for unnecessary tests.
    Anonymous

• First Response for sure and are your breasts hurting or r u hungry all the time now because if u have both id say u r soo preg take a pee test early in the morning just dont drink alot of water before bed and im sure u will get a pos test congrats
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 5:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Well, my pregnancies would not show up on a pee test till five and six months into my pregnancies, and a friend of mine had it to where hers didn't show up till nine months on a pee test. I always have to ask my doctor for a blood test... that is the only way mine will show that I am pregnant... if you are really wondering, go down to your local health dept. and ask specifically for a blood test. Tell them that is what you want and insist on it... they may want to give you a pee test, but tell them "no..." and insist on the blood test. Hope this helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 9:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2010