What would you do?

My family and I are supposed to go to my moms for Thanksgiving. Last night, my dh said that he does not want to go because it is a 3 hour drive and the tires on my car are not that great. Well, after telling everyone that we will be there, he agreed to go, now he wants me to have dinner here for just us. No extended family, just us. I do not want to have to cook all that food for just us. I only get to see my mom a couple of times a year because of the distance. We see his parents at least once a week. He is also worried because my family drinks. They will not be drunk that day, we will not be having dinner untill at least 4 that afternoon. Even my Grandma is coming from Amarillo. I rarely get to see her. I really want to see my family, and he really wants to stay home. What would you do in this situation?

A.Perry

Asked by A.Perry at 4:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Drug the hubby, tie him up and drag him to the car...preferably the trunk, that way you won't have to listen to him complain when the drugs wear off.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 4:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would go and it is pretty insensitive of him not to share this with you.

Answer by older at 4:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would still go, especially because he had already agreed to go from the beginning... Plus, its not fair to you or your family!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• As long as your car is safe, I would still go. My hubby and I are having dinner together with my parents, and then he is going to see his family afterward.
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 4:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Is there any way that you can fly or have family members come and get you? If he wants to have dinner for just you guys then I would suggest that it be done after you see your family. It would be something completely different if you had a chance to see your family all the time like he does.
    ZaysMom4ever

Answer by ZaysMom4ever at 4:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Since he previously agreed to go he should follow through. I hope it works out for you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Tires are very important to be safe but it sounds like an excuse. It is really important to see and be with family. I would push for going especially since you have your hopes up and you told everyone that you were coming. Maybe suggest that you you stay home next year.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agee with older, i would still go.. if he chooses to stay behind then that is his choice.. you already made a commitiment to your family and i hate to say it but family first if he can't understand your reasons for going then he is a selfish man who deserves to be left behind.. go enjoy yourself with your family and the bonus of getting to see your grandma!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would go and leave his ass behind
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i'd go see my family but be back in time to have a quick dinner with him. bring him a "to go" plate.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010