Has anyone had acupuncture done to try and induce labor? Has it Worked?

at my 38 week appointment I was 3cm and 80%. I had acupuncture done yesterday and tomorrow is my 39 Week check up I'm hoping that the acupuncture helped. Anyone else tried this ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Seems like a waste of money since baby will come when he/she is ready anyway. But best of luck...kind of interested to know if it actually works
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• oh, I didnt pay for it, my moms boss is chiropracter and she just did it for me,lol. I wouldnt have paid to have it done. i'm not THAT desperate, but if It's free why not try, I'd rather have induction that way then with pitocin I guess.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i read about it and wanted to try it but my hubby said no so i made him have sex with me every night for almost a week and finally my water broke at 4 am and we got our baby girl at 6 that night!! good luck!! lots of sex and walking!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010