Does anyone else have a child with growth hormone deficiency

eandamom

Asked by eandamom at 10:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My daughters has not been diagnosed yet. I have decided to hold off on testing for a few years cause she is only 4. I know someone who had it and had shots through out his whole life and it didnt change his height. I would deffinitely get second oppions before comiting to givening your child a shot every night until their teen years.
    mymestey

Answer by mymestey at 11:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My Grandson of 9 yrs old has been on the shots for several months now. He has growth an inch..Not much but to him ALOT..he is waiting for that 4ft mark which should come very soon..Get a second opinion and if the dr still thinks this is what your child needs.I would start the shot which they are young..The young actly code very well to the shots..It hurts us to give them more than it does to them taking them..Good luck
    nannaGail

Answer by nannaGail at 10:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2008