Perfect Thanksgiving dessert? Cherpumple Monster Pie!

According to the Wall Street Journal, the Charles Phoenix’s recipe for the original Cherpumple Monster Pie reads as follows:

-1 8" frozen pumpkin pie - 1 box spice cake mix - 1 8" frozen apple pie - 1 box yellow cake mix - 1 8" frozen cherry pie - 1 box white cake mix - eggs and oil according to the cake mix - 3 tall tubs of cream-cheese frosting - 3 8.5" round cake pans

Bake pies according to instructions and cool to room temperature overnight. Mix cake batter according to instructions. For each layer pour about 1 1/3 cup of batter in the cake pan. Carefully de-tin the baked pie and place it face up on top of the batter in the cake pan. Push down lightly to release any trapped air. Pour enough batter on top to cover the pie. Bake according to box instructions. Cool and remove from pans then frost it like you mean it.

Apple pie with fork on plate, close-up

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• sidesplittinglaughterAre you sure that's even legal??

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I feel the sudden need for bigger pants.

And possibly insulin.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Let me know how it is. Right now, I think it sounds horrible. But I am open.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i am wondering how that is even possible...a whole cake mix does not fit in an 8.5" pan as it is, much less with a pie in the middle of it...sounds gross to boot!
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 8:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2010