paternity tests...

my bby daddy does not think that the baby i am carrying is his. he wants a paternity test while im pregant. how far along do u have 2 be to get this done? how do you get this done? is there any needles invloved?

tiffany275

Asked by tiffany275 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I just went through something similar. There is a test that you can get after 15 wks of pregnancy where they take your blood, swab the alleged father and do it that way. It is expensive, (around $1200) but it is accurate. just google paternity tests, and the links should pop up. I'll try to locate the phone # I used. GOOD LUCK!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You can't unless you have an amnio and they don't just do those without good reason,i.e. over 30-35, past health issues, numerous miscarriages and more reasons. You will have to wait until the baby is born and have it done then.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 10:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i agree, wait until the baby is born. then it is simply a cheek swab
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 11:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I understand that you want to give him an answer now, and that he might not support you until you can prove paternity. but it's not worth risking the baby's health right now. Wait until delivery.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i have to wait til my daughter's born.. but he can wait..if he cant wait, tell him you're gonna go to the file for custody and they'll do a paternity test then, but it will take 6 weeks
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Here is a link to the website of the company I used!

http://www.dnaplus.com/fetal_cell_prenatal_paternity_test.htm

Hope this helps you as much as it helped me!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2008