ugh haven't dropped any pounds!!!

So 2 months ago I started to really work out ( I have been eating healthy, watching calories already) to help lose this weight! I run 2-2.5 miles 5 days a week. 3 days I will lift weights with DH. When I started I was 187lbs I am 5'5" My DH says I don't look as bloated as before, but I did notice that my thighs and calves are HUGE like I can't fit into any of my jeans. But I am now at 185lbs but my goal is to be back at 135-140lbs. What else can I do to help me lose this weight??

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 4:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• More time.

You're probably currently building muscle, which takes up less space but weighs more per cubic inch than fat, so you hold your weight for a while...

Make sure you're not eating to compensate for your increased energy --because if you're eating more than you need to, you could be working out 15 hours a day and still not lose weight.

And, vjoaquin: KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, YOU'RE AMAZING!!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• EAT FROM A VERY SMALL PLATE!!!!!!
    joyus321

Answer by joyus321 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Keep a food journal, and be very honest in it. You may be eating more than you think you are. Start actually measuring, and you can track your food on a free website like sparkpeople.com. You can get calorie counts there, too.
    Drink plenty of water. what else are you drinking aside from water? A lot of people don't think about the calories in their beverages.
    Are you spreading your calories throughout the day? Eating one large meal, instead of many small ones, can really slow down your metabolism. Don't starve yourself, just eat a little bit throughout the day, and NEVER limit yourself to less than 1200 calories in a day.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:03 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I eat 3-4 meals containing 400-450 calories each meal. I drink only water and I drink 2-3 liters a day. So I do things that I have been told multiple times to do but nothing and its getting frustrating.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 6:08 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My friend ws stuck and doing just like you are, working out eating healthy but she just wasn't losing the weight. She just lost 20lbs on the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge. It totally works!! My husbad is doing it now as well and losing weight but also feeing amazing :)

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 9:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Maybe with running and lifting you are gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Just a thought.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 5:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• It sounds like you're converting fat into muscle--this is good! Do your clothes fit better? That's a sign of good exercise.

Also, you're still pretty early on in the weight loss journey. When I started losing weight (by doing the same thing you are), it took several weeks before my body was in shape enough to lose fat. Keep at it for another month, and if you're still not seeing any improvement, contact your doctor to see if there are any underlying issues (thyroid, metabolism, etc) that are impeding you.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 8:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2010

• It takes time. You need to gain muscle before you can lose weight
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Great advice! Keep it up and good luck to you!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• you're gaining muscle
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:06 PM on Jan. 24, 2011