What are some of your favorite quotes?

I love quotes, and would love to hear some of your favorite ones....

momof2redhedz

Asked by momof2redhedz at 5:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No one can make you feel bad about yourself without your permission --Eleanor Roosvelt

Do or do not do. There is no try --Yoda

Everywhere you go, there you are --anon

People are weird, there are no exceptions --me

Never put up with anything for 17 seconds that you are not fully prepared to put up with for 17 years --me, again

Never trust anyone who can't think of at least two ways to spell a word --Mark Twain

Don't frown --you never know who's falling in love with your smile --some movie my daughter watched

There is nothing so wrong with a teenager that shouting at won't make infinitely worse --Robert Heinlein
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
    Groucho Marx

”Learning can only happen when a child is interested. If he’s not interested it’s like throwing marshmallows at his head and calling it eating.” – Barbara Lamping
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 5:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• What a desolate place would be a world without flowers? -- It would be a face without a smile; a feast without a welcome. -- Are not flowers the stars of the earth? -- And are not our stars the flowers of heaven? Clara L. Balfour

tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My mother always told me this one. "I have caviar taste on a sardine budget."
    soon2bmmy

Answer by soon2bmmy at 8:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always gotten.
    KristeV

Answer by KristeV at 4:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't have just one, but the one I can think of at the moment is :

‎"I expect to pass through life but once. If therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again" - William Penn :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    Aristotle
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Be who you are and say how you feel because those who don't matter mind, and those who matter don't mind
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• These are just a few of my favorites:

~Live well, Laugh often, Love much~

"There is a moment in every dawn when the light floats, there is the possibility of magic. Creation holds its breath."
    Douglas Adams Life, the Universe & Everything

"When you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.~ Bumpersticker

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2010