Shock by the answers I read from a post

I was reading a post from yesterday about if you would tell your partner if you had a STD. I was kind of shock by the answers I read. Many posted and believe that you only get a STD if you have random sex or not in a committed relationship with someone. Do people really think that way? Not trying to cause an agrument or start a debate but your partner or husband can also give you a STD. Being in a committed relationship or married do not protect you from a STD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• its called Denial. some people refuse to believe the one they love could ever stray..and possibly come in contact with an STD..therefore, they can't possibly get an STD from their loved one. some people would rather deny the obvious than to admit everything's not as it seems.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I know, I think we read the same question. I am always shocked by how willing people are to buy in to crap like that. STDs come from any number of places, and just because you are committed, doesn't mean he is (even if he says he is), or that you really were his first, or that one of you isn't going to come in to contact with it in a Non-sexual way... Honestly, I think it comes back to the "Ignorance is Bliss" idea...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Your telling me. I was with one guy for three years just him and after we had our baby I had what I thought and was told was just a skin tag pop up on my vagina and 5 years later I find out when I went in for an exam for my current pregnancy (with guy number 2) that it was in fact a genital wart. Gladly I let them remove it and have not seen any return of it but umm yeah just because you may have not had sex with anyone else does not mean your partner has not slept with countless others. If you think that you cant catch something from your long term partner then good luck in your naivety.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm glad I am not the only one who feels this way. Kinda wish I haven't with anon this question (didn't feel like dealing with any drama today). I think many of these ladies need to reducate themselves on this subject.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Eek.. I must have missed that post. If that ever happened to me my DH is probably the FIRST person I would go to and id probably be quite upset!! lol He's the only person ive been with for the last 8 years and there was only 1 before him and have always had clean paps. So yea we'd definitely be having a discussion! But if I WASNT in the situation I am in it would still be really awful to keep something like that from the person you love.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would tell my SO. Deffinately!
    MrsBaldwin

Answer by MrsBaldwin at 7:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i missed that post myself..sad that women arent educating themselves on STD's..u cant possibly live under rock not to notice they Maury,Dr. Phil, an Judge shows thrive off of cheaters..
    i guess Denial is just not another River in the US..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 7:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You can actually carry an STD in your system for years without detecting it even from a pap.. so just because an STD pops up years later doesn't mean you cheated or have been cheated on! It is sad though to actually think it will never happen to you when you probably are already carrying it and just don't know it yet!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010