what's the most awkward thing to happen to you lately?

mine was today at walmart. MIL and I took my 3 kids (one of which is from a previous relationship) and we're just browsing, having a good time (which is hard to come by with my mil these days) and wouldn't you freaking know it, my ex's mom (the bio grandma of my oldest) and his sister were there too and we ran into eachother. ummm AWKWARD! his sister was nice, she's 13 now and has only seen her niece once as a baby, so she was pretty suprised to see a 4 year old little girl in the cart that looks just like her brother. his mom looked mortified.. she smiled and then my daughter did something funny and she just said "wonder where she gets that from" and then walked away. now im home and a little upset that the real grandma of my child wants as much to do with her as her father. if it were me i wouldn't have wanted to leave. i guess some people are just like that, and i need to accept it! but damn was it awkward! im sure ill be getting some lame, harassing text from her dad now, haven't heard from him in about 2 months.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i am grandmother i am not aloud to see my granddaughter at any time it breaks my heart
    and if you had my grand child i would so happy to see you and your child just because my son was jerk i would ask you if you want to do lunch
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 9:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I was out in a club with my husband and guys were trying to flirt with me even though my husband was right there that was very awkward for me!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I imagine the grandma is really twisted about seeing her granddaughter. She probably walked away because she didn't trust herself to speak. Next time maybe she will talk a little more and you can interest her in seeing her granddaughter. Maybe you should call her and extend the olive branch so to speak. Just because her daddy is a jerk she may still be able to have some kind of relationship with her grandmother.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 6:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2010