nervous about my scheduled c-section tomorrow, feels like excited, nervous and worry

Everything is set, I feel like I forgot something. I guess I don't know what to expect. I packed 2 comfy pjs, slippers, snacks, one set of baby cloth, toothbrush, makeup, hair brush, soap. What else do I need?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I'm in the hospital, I want gum and chapstick.
    Good luck tomorrow!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Camera!! Best wishes on your new arrival Momma!!! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You are going to have a baby tomorrow. Is it a boy or a girl? You should be so very excited. Congratulations!!!!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It's a boy!! Yes i'm very excited!! I can't wait to meet him!
    Amy2079

Comment by Amy2079 (original poster) at 5:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• A pillow. I've had 5 c-sections and a pillow from home always helped. Especially the one year when the hospital had NO extra pillows. I had just the one that came with my bed. Extra pillows are a must to get comfy after surgery, especially while trying to hold the baby.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• A couple of bras, lotion, chapstick a camera and phone book or list of numbers of family and friends.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i know c-section can make ppl nervouse just the thought of it being a surgery i had 2 c-section and it was fine although i wish i could experience the feeling of giving birth naturally...u r ready to go thats all u really need idk if u need to but i had to bring my babys doctor info..u can also bring a blanket of pillow so u can be more comfortable book to read oh and dont forget camerea lol..the c-section takes a couple mins and there is no pain cuz they keep u on pain meds usually percocets..fast and simple.. congrats on the baby..
    ProudMami1990

Answer by ProudMami1990 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• oh some hospital lets u shower so u might want to bring towels
    ProudMami1990

Answer by ProudMami1990 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i had that feeling i was forgetting something too when i left for the hospital to go have my scheduled c-section with my 3rd daughter. turns out i was forgetting my kids. lol obviously they couldn't come with me but being so attached to them, taking them everywhere and doing everything with them, it's a strange concept leaving them behind, even though they were getting superb treatment with their grandpa and great-grandma. i missed them terribly the two days i was in the hospital! anyway sounds like you have everything you're going to need plus some of the other suggestions were good like camera and gum. you won't really need a book since you won't have long grueling hours of labor to suffer through. then the baby will be here and you'll be busy with him. one thing i did forget was my phone charger.

congratulations on your little boy, keep us updated =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• pack for ur SO too!! i totally forgot clothes for my hubby and he refused to leave the baby so for 3 days he was in the same clothes! EWW!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010