What helps best when teething?

jenna0708

Asked by jenna0708 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Hylands Teething tablets. You can get them at your local grocery store. They are all natural and disslove safely in babys mouth without water.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• and they work wonders i used them with both my kids
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• thanks alot!!! He has been in pain!! =( I'll get them tonight!!!
    jenna0708

Answer by jenna0708 at 11:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My son is 11 1/2 months old and right now he is cutting at least 6 teeth, it sucks.  But somethings I have found to work are: Hard things to chew on ( teething toy, bitter toast: you can get this is the store), Orajel, Vanilla Extract ( found tip on cafemom and it does work use like orajel), Tylenol or Motrin- every 4-6 hours for the pain only about 1/2 tsp or less. ( was told alternating after every bottle makes if difficult for child to build an immunity to the medicine, makes sense to me). I also have a 4 year old daughter, so I've been through this once already, hope this helps.

rnm080404

Answer by rnm080404 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I give my daugter Motrin and Tylenol...I tried the teething tabs...but she has a lactose intolerance and would spit up everytime i used them...they have lactose in them...

also I put a popsicle in one of those mesh eating things that look like a pacifer except it has a mesh bag on the end...forgot what they call it...it works really well....i bought it at wal-mart...i know its early to give popsicle but i just give her a small amount...just enough to chew on...she loves it
    LindseysMom08

Answer by LindseysMom08 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2008