Cribs with rear closed panels? Safe or not?

I'm looking at buying a Madison Lifetime 3 in 1 crib by Jardine, from a friend who bought it a couple years ago brand new and never used it. He is going to sell it to me for a really good deal and I would like to buy it, but the fact that the back panel is all solid wood and not slates, kind of makes me nervous. Seems like it would be the same thing as them rolling into a bumper and not being able to breath. What is your opinion on these cribs? Here is a picture of it http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009T00Y.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son has a crib (converted into a toddler bed now) like that (not the exact one you showed, but similiar style) and we haven't had any problems. I actually like that it has a solid back like that, makes it look more elegant in a way. He never had any issues with sleeping in it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I mean it hasn't been unsafe for us.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have such a crib myself, and have had no issues.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2010