Vertigo?

Have you ever had pretty severe vertigo? Did you know what the cause was and did anything help it?

bjojola

Asked by bjojola at 5:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Health

• My husband was told for months and months that he had vertigo. He was getting dizzy, nausea and was stumbling.
    He had so many appts. with his doctor and all he kept telling him was to get better shoes and that all his symptoms were just how vertigo is. Finally, at MY insistance, they did an MRI only to find out he had MS.At that point he was so weak that he spent 3 days getting steriod injections just to get his energy back. If you are asking questions about vertigo because you feel like your questions and concerns have not been answered by your doctor, I would suggest to talk with your doctor until you feel satisfied that you have gotten all the answers that you need. There are good doctors out there and they are there to help you. I don't leave the doctors office now until I completely understand what is going on and am satisfied that all my questions and concerns are addressed. GL
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had it. I was hospitalized for 3 days because I couldn't even stand up. They ran all kinds of tests, sent me to specialists, did MRIs, brain scans, EEGS, blood and urine tests, wore a cardiac monitor and they never came up with a diagnosis. I was out of work for a couple of months and when I started to feel better I couldn't drive. They never figured out anything, but I've been fine for almost 20 years....very weird experience. HUGS To you if you have it!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I've had it twice really bad. I took meds for air sickness. It helped.
    Weezermae55

Answer by Weezermae55 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes, all the time, and I went to a chiropractor and he did some things on my neck and apparently I had a joint or something that was out of line just behind my ears and when he adjusted it, I got better and have not had vertigo since.
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 9:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes, I was diagnosed with a vestibular disorder. Stress makes it worse. I eat a gluten free, dairy free diet to control inflammation and if it gets bad valium helps.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 6:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• yes, it was caused by a heart condition i have... that we didn't find until 6 years after the vertigo started.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• OTC meclize(antivert) might help.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 7:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• hmm im not sure, i dont have a fear of heights but i dont like being up high, sounds odd i know lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes. It was Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. Look it up on the web and see if the symptoms match what you've got. There are movements that can be done to help.
    emubren

Answer by emubren at 10:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010