When do you put up your tree?

Real or fake? When do you put it up, and when do you take it down?

I was thinking about putting ours up right after thanksgiving, like I've done with fake trees in the past, but then remembered getting our christmas tree (real) last year two weeks before Christmas and it dried out a lot. What's your opinion?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 5:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• Dec 1st

Answer by older at 5:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Ours is fake.

I promised my child that we will put it up this weekend.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Ours is up already. It's just whenever I get around to it. Never a certain day of the year. Bought some candy canes for the tree last week and my 13 year old was determined one day to put it up right as soon as she got home from school. So I supervised while my 13 year old and 2 year old put it up. Arificial tree, one string of lites and plastic ornaments.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have always put up my fake tree the day after Thanksgiving and black friday shopping. This year it is going up Thanksgiving day and it will come down just before I have to go back to my regular job on Jan 3rd.
    If your tree dries out too much maybe it needs more water or a humidifier in the house might help.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• fake and we usually put it up either the day after thanksgiving or that saturday...I can't wait!!!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I put it off until the kids start bothering me about it..which in this case has been for the last two weeks! I plan on doing it this weekend. I usually take it down right after New Years...I'd do it sooner but I don't usually have time. One year I did though. I took it down Christmas night! Its fake, btw. I got a new one after the holidays last year on clearance. I'm excited to see how its going to look. I dont have any experience with real trees. I have heard there are tricks to keep it fresher longer though. Maybe you could look that up.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Ours is fake and we're putting it up this weekend. We usually don't take it down until after New Years.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Our trees are fake, so we will put them up either tomorrow or after dinner on Thursday. We take them down New Year's Day.
    spoildarmywife3

Answer by spoildarmywife3 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Ours is fake. we put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving and pack it up after or right before new years
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 6:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• 2-3 fake trees...usually they are up by now, but just bought a new pre-lit(it's in layaway until Dec 1) and need to buy 600 more lights
    for the other tree bc last yrs lights have wiring issues and are no good, sooooo trees are not going up until Dec 1
    I do hate being behind schedule when it comes to decorating...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010