Who gets to leave if there is cheating???

I just found out my husband of 6 months is having an inappropriate relationship with someone from work. We have one child and another on the way. I have asked him to leave and he refuses, saying its his house and if anyone MUST leave, it has to be me. I am done with this marriage and being a SAHM have nowhere to go. So in your opinion, who do you think has the right to keep the house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• If you own it and neither will leave you'll have to sell it and split the profit. But if I were you then I'd just go down to the department of health and social services and see how they can help you. If you can prove he's been unfaithful then maybe they'll order him to leave. Seeing as how you're pregnant and already have a baby then you're the one that'll get to stay. Good luck, I'm so sorry this is happening to you.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• HI SRY THAT U R GOING THROUGH THIS. I AM ALSO A SAHM AND IF THIS HAPPENED TO ME I WOULDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO. BUT IM SAYING THAT BECAUSE I KNOW HOW U FEEL AND I THINK U SHOULD IF HE WONT. GO TO A FAMILY MEMBER HOUSE. I KNOW U DONT WANT TO STAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE BECAUSE I WOULDNT WANT TO. SO THAT BEING SAID PLEASE TAKE CARE OF URSELF AND THOSE KIDS. AND IF U NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO IM HERE
    secondbaby1686

Answer by secondbaby1686 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I'm not sure how it will all turn out legally, but if you leave the house then he'll def get it. So hang in there and refuse to leave. Get a good attorney and you should be able to keep the house. But you will also probaly have to make the morgage payments...unless you get a really good attorney! Good luck!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Maybe it's not as bad as you think it is (at work). Have you allowed him to explain himself and the relationship? I found out my h was cheating when I was pregnant with child #2 and I just moved into another bedroom. We lived like that for about a year. We worked things out...for a few more years until it happened again and he became abusive so I did leave but consider just moving to another room and make him fix things. It will at least get you time to get a plan together.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i say just nag him enough til he finally leaves that works great with other moms on here saying that their men left them and why, in the end it was cause she nagged to much.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i would leave him and his s.... too it in that house,for all you no he could of done something with her,eww nah i would leave,before you do make sure you get on some sort of goverment help with money,go to womens refuge,cause what hes done is abuse.let me no how you get on,i am here for you every step of the way.
    cruizymum

Answer by cruizymum at 5:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i think he should leave. you have the kids and your expecting. he has someone on the side, so he should leave. no one told him to do what he did, why should you and the kids have to go through the consequences?? atleast have him leave until you can get out on your own, and then his sorry ass can have the house he "refuses" to leave.
    ugh. he seems so selfish and disrespectful. if you have a safe place for you and your kids to go for a while until you can get on your own, do it. i think the faster you get out, the less you have to deal with him. good luck. im sorry you have to go through that.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 7:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• If you can not afford to leave move into another bedroom...Start looking for a job..Don't let him make you feel traped in the marriage.Their is always a way out. Good luck

Answer by louise2 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• You've been married for six months and you want to keep the house? Don't freak out, I don't think I'm hearing the entire story, and it's tough to understand...Did he own the home prior to your marriage? Is that why he considers it "his"?
    OhSusan

Answer by OhSusan at 11:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• If he was a real man he would leave,OH WAIT A MINUTE
    Anonymous