Did you or Would you Tape the Birth??

Why or Why not?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My husband taped the birth every so often we pull it out and watch
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No and no. Its an awesome experience but not something I want to share with everyone, and I don't want to remember being in pain, I don't remember it now and having it documented would bring it back lol. It was private for me and my SO and I don't want to include the family in it.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 5:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No thank you!

I just think somethings should not be watched over and over. I know it is miraculous and beautiful, but that is only when it isn't my vagina stretched around a hairy bowling ball. :D

I have wonderful memories of each of my births, I don't think I would if I saw every detail of the actual delivery.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I haven't, but i would. Not for personal use, but for a teaching tool, so other mothers could see what birth can be like. It's too bad you can't videotape thoughts and emotions because even though I was screaming and cussing, bringing my son to birth was amazing and I'd do it again today :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I didnt and wouldnt.For one I never ever want anyone to see that.....to personal for me.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 5:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No, because it's a personal moment
    kaedrasgma

Answer by kaedrasgma at 5:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No I didn't and no I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to watch myself endure the pain and my last two were c-sections so they wouldn't have been allowed to be filmed anyway.

Although, my husband was deployed for the last two so if I were going to tape it would only be for him to watch his children be born. But again, they were cesareans.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Nope. We were busy enough that day and we'd never watch it. Heck, we don't even watch our wedding video! We're just not a video family.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I didn't but I wish I did. It would be just for my Dh & I. I wouldn't be inviting the neighbors or aunts & uncles over for it with popcorn. LOL! I would have really liked to have seen my son come into this world like my DH did though!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• nope! just not our thing. video wasnt allowed in the operating room anyway.
    spunktastic

Answer by spunktastic at 6:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2010