How would you feel? defamation. fully intended.

How would you feel if you google your name and you find another mom community with a dedicated fully intended post of your first and last name for your husbands ex wife and community of friends to defamation, slander and libel against you with such vulgar language. And that's what you have to live with for the first impressions of your newly married first and last name, less than 6 months of being married. Your husband and his ex has been separated divorced 2 years now. And she hates you because you are a person your step children like and consider loving and caring enough to call mom. So why not keep a hidden and fully intended home wrecker, whore, stalking, bitch of you where she wouldn't think you'd find out. Yet, the whole entire world is informed of it. Just google the first and last name. (There goes your career, community, and all other true life persona....being questionable.) How would you feel about that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I would take scrn shots of every page and take her to court for slander and harassment.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would get some legal advise if it is truly affecting your career and if it can be traced back to her then I would say you have a lawsuit on your hands..
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Wouldn't both me in the least because I know what the truth is. People could put whatever they want on the internet. Not everything you read online should be taken to heart.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'd get legal advice. As much as we want to believe people wouldn't believe it, more and more prospective creditors and employees ARE Googling you to see what comes up.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would be livid. I would demand, in writing, for it to be taken down/deletd.. If she refuses, then I would seek legal action. That is not okay.
    spunktastic

Answer by spunktastic at 6:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm not one to spend time "feeling"... I take action instead. This stuff is still online? And can you prove who posted it? If so, you have a GREAT libel case.... Get screen captures of all of it and lawyer up!

If you can't... of course you feel mad. But your feelings are never ever right or wrong... they merely ARE. It's what you DO that matters.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• yeah take her to court
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Is it false statements? You can be mad all you want but if she called you a homewrecker and there is any truth to it you can't really sue for slander. Just doing the math, if they only separated and divorced 2 yrs ago and you have been married 6 months that's pretty quick. Just sayin. Not saying its right, just saying if she's not making things up out of thin air there isn't much you can do. You don't usually call someone a homewrecker for no reason.
    Anonymous

• Uh, anon, i don't what rock you've been hiding under but,women are called homewreckers ALL THE TIME, for no reason. No wait it's for a reason, the new woman had the AUDACITY to marry a man who had an ex that wasn't over him & is jealous & insecure.

Women have MET there husbands, that's MET not married their husbands YEARS after a divorce only to be called homewreckers.

It's the famed insult of scorned women that & whore & slut of course.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 8:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Anon, I married my hubby 2 1/2 months after I MET him. OP has been married 6 months. If her hubby has been divorced for 2 years, wouldn't that mean he was divorced for over a year before she married him? In all honesty, she didn't even have to KNOW him when he was still married. She could have met him not only after he was separated, but after the divorce. What do we know? His ex is pissed that he's remarried, and is calling the OP a homewrecker.
    And it's true, even though you (OP) know what the truth is, and the people you care about does, too, it's also true that what's out there on the internet DOES matter. It only takes some juicy gossip to put a little doubt in peoples minds. If I were you, I wouldn't request this chic take it down. I'd go straight to an attorney. Get hard copy proof of the post, which you state is full of libel, and sue her.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010