hello everyone i have another question is breastfeeding also a way to loose wait quickly. i mean back to ur normal size before pregnancy. adult content

Asked by hershey062006 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Never worked for me. I always gained weight while breastfeeding. It works great for some though, but don't count on it.

Answer by Melbornj at 6:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i lost 60 pounds in 6 months breast feeding! the 60 pounds was all my baby weight! every women is different!

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I breastfed and lost most of my baby weight in 6 weeks.

Answer by sweet29mom at 6:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It definitely helped me lose my baby weight and more. I lost a total of 80 pounds (and had only gained 60). I was also making a point of eating healthy and getting regular exercise.

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 6:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It helps your uterus shrink down to size.But about weight loss im not so sure.

Answer by aliceinlove at 6:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have gained weight while breatfeeding with my last 2 children. It does help shrink your uterus faster, but it also makes you more hungry.

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• As I'm breastfeeding now, I have gained weight.

Answer by joysweet at 6:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It all depends on how much and what you eat. All BF really does for weightloss is helps you burn more calories naturally threw the day. SO if you use the standard more out than in you should loose weight. HOWEVER you MUST eat enough calories to actually produce milk I'd say no less than 1800 but closer to 2000 would be better. And TONS of water.

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes, b/c you burn calories while breastfeeding. But, don't just rely on breastfeeding to lose all your weight; you still need to exercise and eat healthy. I did all 3 and lost all my baby weight after 5 months.

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It differs from person to person, and from child to child. I didn't lose much breast feeding my daughter. My mom lost a lot when she breast fed me, but not much at all when she breast fed my little sister. My sister lost all of her baby weight and then some breast feeding.

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010