Chicken Wing Question.................

How do you cook yours?? I don't have a deep fryer so that is not an option!! Please help I am a pretty good cook but this is one thing I have never tried, hubbys favorite show on 2nite and wanna a fun dinner!!1 TY

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can use a 3 inch frying pan. You do not need a deep fryer. If you are making them hot, let them marinade. I have baked them too, less calories and lower fat.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If you want to deep fry them like the bars do, you need a heavy pan (cast iron or cast aluminum) at least 5" deep. the pan needs to be able to handle deep fry temps, & to be safe from any possible boil overs. I use fresh chicken wings, thawed, cut in 1/2, & patted dry. I dont advise frozen wings unless you have a deep fryer. When my oil reaches 350-375, I gently drop in one wing & allow the oil to adjust to the abrupt temp change; that takes a few seconds. In a skillet you could deep fry about 10-12 wing pieces at once. Fry them for 15 minutes, drain well, & toss in your wing sauce. I make my sauce ahead of time; butter & garlic, hot, or I do a dry cajun. I've been doing wings for years, due to tending bar for almost 30 years, so trust me when I say you want a deep, heavy pan. Peanut oil is excellent for deep frying, as it has a higher smoke point; meaning it can handle high temps without burning.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 6:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I cook them on the bbq and then cover in the hot wing sauce while they are still hot.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The family RAVES over these!

Yummy Baked Chicken Wings

1/3 c. flour

1 Tbsp. paprika

2 tsp. garlic salt

1 tsp. black pepper

3/4 to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper (if you'd like some spice)

3 lbs (about 20 - 25) chicken wing segments
    Mix flour and seasonings. Put into a plastic bag and add wings. Shake well. Line a pan with foil, spray with cooking spray. Lay wing segments in pan, bake at 425 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes. Serve with BBQ sauce, ranch dressing or any other dip/sauce of your choice.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010