How early did you start feeling movement of your baby?

I am six weeks pregnant and I started feeling butterflies at 4 weeks. They say it is
impossble . Am I crazy? Wait don't answer that!

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not possible. The baby is too tiny to feel at that age.
    Anonymous

• I did at 14 weeks.But yes 4 weeks is way to early.I would say gas.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 6:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• at 4 weeks its just a sac, i dont think it can even move... well i dont know for sure but on the US it doesnt look like it can :p maybe you felt the fertilized egg burrowing into your lining :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I remember what I felt when my I was 8 weeks pregnant with my daughter. I feel the same thing.......
    emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• 4 weeks, even 8 weeks, is too early. It's just muscles twitching or gas. The very earliest it would be even possible for the baby to move enough for you to feel it is 10 weeks, but most people don't feel it until around 15 weeks. I felt it for the first time just before 13 weeks, but even that's early for most people. The doc says I only even felt it because of my previous miscarriages and fertility problems making me completely in tune with my body. Also, usually you feel movement sooner with subsequent pregnancies - usually it takes a little longer to detect movement with the first pregnancy.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• if i felt it before 5months, i didn't know what i was feeling.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I am 14 weeks and i still havnt felt my little one and i really want to so if you are then lucky you lol i wish i could
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had a transvaginal and I saw and hear the heart beat. I am 44 years old so I get frequent sonograms.
    emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• With my 1st pregnancy, I think it was somewhere around 20 weeks. But, now I'm pregnant with my 2nd and since I know what to feel for, I first felt the baby move at 11 weeks.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I felt flutters after 10 weeks, taps at 16 weeks and kicks at 19 weeks.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010