Seriously is there a law?

if your a step mom, divorced father, or grand parent. Denied right to share any photos of your step children, children, or grand child on your personal myspace, facebook, or other places? especially when it's family portraits pictures and NOT just of them like your a pedophile?

Edit* Right, to post picture of someone online.

**Edit...the pictures were taken like a family that include the children in it. It not necessary given to anyone. Just innocent family pictures.

***Edit it is going to court....I will let you ladies know how it goes. But remember, not every judge is the same and not necessarily saying that it will be in the right court to take it to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• no

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Ok just to make sure I understand. You're asking if there is some kind of law that can prevent someone from posting pictures online right?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't think so.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think once that you give them that picture they are theirs do as they please with them. I don't think there is a law
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Not unless the photo has been copyrighted. There's nothing anyone can do to stop people posting pictures of other people, whether related or not. Can you imagine how impossible that would be to enforce? People post pictures of other people all the time - friends, family, complete strangers. Unless they have a direct court order, like a restraining order, that says you can't have anything to do with that family or child, and even then I'm not sure if it would extend to photographs.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it's more of a respect than a law. I don't post pictures of anyone (kids or grandkids, even friends) without their permission. I am told a parent can contact the website and have their child's picture removed if someone does post it without permission but not sure it's a law as much as a courtesy

Answer by admckenzie at 6:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No one has the right to post a pic of anyone without proper permission. My dd was in gymnastics and i couldnt take pics of any other kids(if they happened to be next to dd) unless the parents gave permission. And thats just a pic. Posting photos is way diff and anyone can get into trouble if they do it without permission. So if its worth the fight then go for it!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't believe you can publish pictures, even online, without the person or their guardian's permission.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You have to remember that sites like this and fb for example are open to anyone. Whether you are blocked or not anyone can get into your info. That said...its not a safe idea to post pics without permission
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You can't really take them to court for it but you can have the site owner remove the pics.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 7:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010