So Frustrated! Why can't I just function properly?

I was diagnosed with PCOS in April 2007 after my 3rd miscarriage within a year. I finally had a successful pregnancy and gave birth in Oct 2008. I got my cycles back in Feb. 2009. The first few were odd, shortening down from 42 days to 37,35,33,31...and after that, my cycles have been really regular, mostly 28/29 days, with the odd 27 or 31 thrown in. I have been controlling the PCOS with healthier eating habits rather than medication, and have not had problems with it basically since I gave birth.
But now I am a week late, and so frustrated! I ALWAYS have spotting for a couple days before my period starts - the lack of so much as a drop of blood was one of the first conspicuous signs of my successful pregnancy. Now, I'm not even spotting, just crampy now and then. The biggest issue I have besides being late is how OILY my skin is! holy crap! I haven't had breakouts this bad in almost a decade! My face is super oily, even my scalp is a lot more oily than normal. I took a test Friday(CD31) and it was negative, but it wasn't FMU. So I tested again Sunday(CD33) with FMU and it was negative again.
I wish I could get a straight answer one way or the other...either my period needs to start or I need a positive test. What do you think? Could I be pregnant and just not making enough HcG to get a positive test yet, or am I just having a PCOS flare-up whacked out cycle?

Ps.  I will probably test again in the morning...if still negative, then every few days until one or the other happens.  If I get to be 2 weeks late and still negative, then I will go see a doctor. :)

FluffyMamaBunny

Asked by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't have PCOS so I don't know what the flare up for those are like. However I have been pregnant 4 times. With my first one was puking for almost 3 weeks before I got a positive pregnancy test. Heck when I went into the doctor (I was having cramps sooo bad that it would back me up into a wall for almost 15 minutes) they had to do an ultrasound because they didn't believe me and the test came back negative.
    You could just be too early for it to come back positive. However I would go see a doctor just to be safe.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would see a doctor now rather than in two weeks. Get a blood test.

Have you looked into charting your cycles? I don't have PCOS but I did have irregular cycles and it was foolproof. If you haven't explored this, check out tcoyf.com.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I charted when I was trying to get pregnant. Now I use fertilityfriend.com to keep track of my cycles and symptoms/signs, but I don't actually chart my temperature. I'm due for my yearly pap anyway, but I probably won't be able to get an appointment until next week.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Comment by FluffyMamaBunny (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Negative again. =/ not even the teeniest hint of a line, not even an evap line to tease me. LOL. I'm beginning to wonder if I should go buy some first response instead of these dollar tree tests.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Comment by FluffyMamaBunny (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2010