How do I get my ten month old son to sleep through the night?

M son is a natural busy body and he is up all types of nights. I tried to put him on a schedule so he can go to sleep at a decent hour so I can regain my sanity from the events of the day, but that never happens. I hate keep hearing loved ones and friends tell me how their babies sleep the night away when mine does not. I'm getting very frustrated. Someone please help me. I NEED PEACE!!!

sparklingcider

Asked by sparklingcider at 6:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby will be 2 month on Dec 1 and he sleeps through the night for the most part, he will wake up for a 3AM feeding then goes right back to sleep. I think he has done so well because we swaddle him before bed. Try that and see if it helps.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Some kids just wake more than others. Hang in there, it won't last forever! :)
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Try giving him rice beffore bed, that is more filling that milk/formula..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Lots of (Or as much as possible) sunlight during the day (Having your eyes adjusted to sunlight for a couple hours a day really helps get you on a more natural sleep schedule), lots of playing and adventuring, Well balanced supper, followed with more playing, a bath with lavender scents, and bath toys to play with..(Playing in the bath for babies is like going swimming, it always makes you tired) Then maybe a story, or a song, and off to bed. He should be ready lol =) GL
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Be aware that solids before bed can make them wake MORE. That was the experience here.

Whitney's ideas are all solid but be aware...nothing really makes them sleep but their own readiness to do so. Which is why there is no ONE way to get them to sleep...what works can change nightly for many babies!

Sleeping through the night is clinically defined as a mere five hours. And never getting eight hours again is in the very very very fine print of the Mommy Contract. They don't tell you this because we'd refuse to reproduce if we knew it! **grin**

Hang in there. Dump that which is not needed to live to get some down time; it will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• By the way... all those other babies? They WILL change their sleep patterns. Just to make liars out of their moms **grin** Infant sleep habits are told on a need to know basis... and no one needs to know.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2010