Do you cook your turkey in an electric roaster?

I did our turkey in the electric roaster last year and turned out very good. Also made it nice that the oven was freed up for everything else! Just didn't have the nice brown, crispy skin, but I guess we really shouldn't be eating that part anyhow!! I usually put onions, celery, butter and some spices inside. Put some butter between the skin and meat and sprinkle with some spices. I really like Tastefully Simple's Seasoned Salt and some thyme. Do you cook yours in an electric roaster? How do you prepare it?

jekrmom

Asked by jekrmom at 6:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I really want to cook it on the grill instead of the oven but I probably will just cook it the traditional way with tons of stuffing inside it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have cooked it this way for several years now it is so nice to have the oven free for lots of other things.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• That's actually why I'm not doing a turkey this year. I don't have one (plus it's too much work when it's only my dh 3 toddlers and me). How much did you guys pay for yours?
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't think it was too much. Picked it up at Walmart right before Thanksgiving last year.
    jekrmom

Comment by jekrmom (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i did last year, it was really good. i did this year's bird today in the oven, and i will never do that again - it did not come out near as nice as when i did it in my roaster! i do not remember what all i did last year, but i do remember quartering a couple of onions and a couple of apples and putting that in the cavity.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 7:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• This year yes we got a Nesco and it fits a 22 pound Turkey its bright red and works good I made some baked chicken in it the other day....we got it because for some reason Our oven doesnt heat up really hot :( I love our nesco it bakes and broils it awesome! Cant wait to make a Turkey in it!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010