Holiday Budget for Presents

How much are you going to spend on presents for everyone your going to be buying for this holiday season? For us it will probably be around 900$.. AHHH!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• I'm planning on $500 total. That includes the 3 kids and everyone else!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 6:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We play games so we don't buy a gift for each person, but everybody gets atleast 2 nice gifts. This year we are playing poker...lol This could be interesting.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Wow!!! How are you going to do that?? Any home-made gifts?
    staceybelly9

Comment by staceybelly9 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• OP: That sounds like a very big amount of money. How many people are you buying for??
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 6:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• TO MANY!! LOL.... my daughter, husband, myself(from my husband), two grandparents, my parents, my DH parents, my 3 sisters & 1 brother, and my DH's 2 sisters and our brother-in-law............. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to look into home-made gifts to bring down that amount DOWN!
    staceybelly9

Comment by staceybelly9 (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I am making gifts for pretty much everyone but my son.
    My mom and dad. Bio dad. My husbands mom and step dad. And bio dad. His grand parents. His grandma. 2 sets of my grandparents plus another grandma. My brother and 2 sisters. And his 2 brothers. Plus... 3 friends.
    I'm doing a wood burning project for everyone.
    I have 5 more peices of wood to buy which will cost be around 30 bucks. And between the other wood I've bought and the wood burning tool and all my stencils, I've so far spent about 140.
    I will spend less than 200 on my son. Probably closer to 100 because his birthday is 3 weeks after christmas. Lol and I'm only spending THAT much because unfortunatly the things I wanna get aren't a cheap.. like a new chair and some preschool dvds...
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Too much....and yet it doesn't look like that much all wrapped up. We're spending about $800, that's for hubby and myself, 3 sons, 2 girlfriends, my parents, and just a few small gifts for others. A total of about 15 people....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Im not too sure, probably about $250 per kid(maybe) I have 2- and then about $100 or so for my mom, and not much for DH lol
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Im predicting too much already lol. I usually try to have my daughter make something for distant family, like getting candles and rolling them in glitter and her putting little fake jems and stuff on them. For everyone else its a challenge to find stuff.
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 7:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• wow if i spend that much i only get gifts for my kids, hubby and gf
    i spend $20,oo on each person
    i do not buy for mil or fil i do not buy for 5brother or their spouses i do not buy for my 7 sister and their spouses
    or all my nieces and nephews or great nieces or nephews and if i have $900, i would spend on some thing else then gift ,food ,shelter .i rather have home then gifts home makes you safe i rather feel safe
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010