Great Home-Made Christmas Gifts?

I want to make some home-made cute gifts for my mom and mother-in-law and grandparents... I'm thinking about making cookie mix in a jar.. I need more ideas!

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• This year my dh and I decided to do homemade gifts this year. We are doing gift boxes with homemade pasta and homemade sauce. Pasta is so easy to make and very cheap. We are making ravioli and fettuccini and 3 kinds of sauce for the past. We both work on it on Sudays. It is a fun thing for us to do together and I think that our family (because they are all so busy) will appreciate the home cooked meal without them having to do the work. (The pasta can be frozen and I canned the sauces so they will last)
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• go to the $99 cent store, They have baskets and clear cellophane paper . Buy a cheap bottle of wine, some can cheese, a box of crackers, and a small box a sampler chocolates (the one that has 4 in it). The whole thing cost $10 dollars max. You can substitute with cookies, or candies.

emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Cakes on a plate with cellophane wrap and a big bow!!!
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The homemade pasta and sauce (sue118) is a good idea. I like to give homemade baked goods - cakes, cookies, brownies, muffins, and breads. I also make homemade candies - peanut brittle is a great one to make and give, so is almond bark, peppermint bark, and fudge!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think the cookie mix in a jar makes a great gift, homemade bath salts are another one, I like to sew, so I sew a lot of gifts, homemade candles are nice, like another mom said anyone appreciates a homemade meal.

Look online, and check out the library you can find some great books with gift ideas.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I am making a little cook book for my two best friends.

but I think for family I am doing a cocoa mix or a framed picture of our son for the grandparents.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 7:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Brownies in a jar, soup mix in a jar is great.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• this what i make ever year for my family in my kitchen
    i make pies,cookies,fudge ,squares,raisin bread
    in my sewing room i sew pj
    i buy coffee cups and put in their fav tea or coffee wrap it up or hot chocolate
    you make slippers ,or what ever ,
    with grandparents put flowers in a pot they can watch them grow and plant them in the spring
    for my parents we all wrote on a table cloth and gave our best wishes some ideas i have given you
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Fleece tied blankets. They are easy (no sew), personalized (buy fleece in a fabric pattern that is something each person likes), and JoAnn Fabrics is having their fleece on sale for $2.99 a yard on Black friday!!! I am making them for all the kids in the family (my 3, and my 2 nieces and my nephew) as well as a smaller version of the blankets for the little girls baby dolls.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010