Do you know of any "work at home" jobs that don't require a degree OR an investment?

It also can't be something that I have to go work outside of the home first (except for training less than 3 wks).
Let me explain a bit. I recently had to quit my full time job at a company called Teleperformance because I wasn't able to keep up on the house work, take care of all the boys needs and work full time. (My house suffered big time the boys did not.) During that time my DH and I got used to the second income and now we're really going to have a hard time without it. Plus I'll go bonkers!
Any ideas?

2murphyboys

Asked by 2murphyboys at 6:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques.. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients

Answer by rkoloms at 7:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You can sell on eBay. It's a terrific way to earn money. If you're not interested in that, I have some opportunities and ideas listed in my Blog: Mavi's Home Work.  I don't sell, recommend or make money from anything, rather I post about opportunities and ideas I find out there on the internet.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 20 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I used to babysit kids at my home, and you don't need a license unless you are going to keep more than 5 kids.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:09 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It really depends on the type of products you want to sell. There are things like Amway, Passion Parties, La Bella Baskets (one I've been considering), Melaluca, insurance. All sorts of things are available.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I find if there's little to no investment, there's usually little to no return. Seriously. Been doing this for 30 years.....
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 12:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I am an Independent Distributor for The Gourmet Cupboard and there is no investment to get started. LEt me know if you would like more info
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 1:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Well, first off, the type of at home job that you are refering to does not exist. There are very few at home jobs. The majority of jobs that are at home are telemarketing jobs through a company you've already been working for or they are customer service jobs that would require you to have no noice in the back. Anything that requires an investment is a business. There is a big difference between the two.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes, there are plenty of jobs available. What did you have in mind? Writing and customer service are some of the most popular. I list work at home jobs on my website; you might find some ideas there. I always caution people NOT to pay for a work at home job. The majority of those that ask for money are scams.
    homejobsformom

Answer by homejobsformom at 10:04 AM on Nov. 26, 2010