how much would you pay to rent a bounce house for two hours?

the prices im finding online are ridiculous. they range from $99 (cheapeast i saw) to over $200! i only need it for two hours and i see that a lot of them offer a minimum of four. i guess that would be okay, my kids can play in it while i get the party set up and wait for guests. but i was hoping to spend no more than $50, guess my idea of how much those things cost was way off. do you think that's a bit much?

btw, the party is for my middle daughter that's turning two. i know what you're thinking, she's too young for a bounce house party. i agree except she doesn't really have "friends" so im inviting all of my friends that have kids around the same age as my oldest. most are 4 years old, and there will be about 10 children there including my three. so i thought i might get my money's worth by renting one of these and letting them go to town. maybe i should extend the party to four hours so they can bounce for two hours and we can go cake and presents the rest of the time.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• $99 seems like a good deal. It is going to take someone to bring it and pick it up and see that it is blown up properly. Then they have the investment cost. That is a lot for $99.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My first thought was $100 but then I was thinking. They have bounce places around here that do parties that are close to 200-250 and then you have several bounce things and big bounce slides. We have a Monkey Joes and a Jump for Joy not to far from my house. I was thinking about a party there last year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• But yes. 100 is pretty average for rental.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Check your local craigs list. There is a guy in my area that bought one and rents it out for 50$ for 2 hours. He advertises on craigs list, maybe you will get lucky.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• yes, we have a bounce house party place around here too but it's far. i thought it might be more convenient to do it in my backyard. but if they have multiple bounce choices at the party places and they have waitresses that do the hosting.. it might be the better way to go lol
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• we pay 160!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2010