Do you think that a pat down at the airport.......

Washington region's three major airports - an officer will perform a more personal search.
The examinations routinely involve the touching of breasts and genitals, invasive searches designed to find weapons and suspicious items. The searches, performed by TSA security officers of the same sex as the passenger, entail a sliding hand motion on parts of the body where a lighter touch was used before, aviation security analysts say. The areas of the body that are being touched haven't changed.

Is a violation of your privacy or a necessary means for protection?

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Personally I think it's ineffective overkill. I think it will do nothing more to keep us safe, but plenty do cause conflict in this country.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• plenty *to*
    JulieJacobKyle

• It is both.

Answer by older at 7:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Is a violation of your privacy AND your due process and serves no purpose for protection.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Personally I don't see it as a violation of anything, but I've never been one that really saw a need for privacy, I don't have anything to hide. I would, instead, rather know that when I get on a plane, I'm getting off in one piece!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'd like to know what a TSA agent is going to do IF they DID discover a passenger with a bomb strapped to their body?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I THINK IT'S SO NEEDED
    joyus321

Answer by joyus321 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Shoe bomber, underwear bomber.... enough said.....going on a plane with my 4 year old daughter is worth it......
    emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• @Lori

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

... and what happens when it becomes an anal bomber ... are you going to submit your 4 year old daughter to a "routine cavity search?"
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010