cats in utah blizzard

Our neighbours never bring their cats in and this is the worse blizzard in a decade and their cats are outside. I was able to catch one and bring it in but the other one ran off and I can't find it what should I do?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 7:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• Nothing. It will find a warm nook to get into. Garage, old house, under a dumpster, under some porch... In fact now he doesn't even have his buddy to cuddle up to. Cats are very resilient and self reliant. They don't 'need' people. People tend to 'need' them.
    Anonymous

• put some food out , hopefully it will come to the food, maybe you could put out a pet crate(with the solid walls not cage like) with a warm blanket or towel......
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 7:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• They didn't leave their garage door cracked or anything? I mean I agree they can take care of themselves just fine but it seems like if they are pets someone would be making it easy for them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My neighbors have two cats and don't let them in either =(
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 7:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No but I got him and we are gonna call the neighbours and let them know their here in case they wanted to know I just went out to look for kittens cause I knew they had some in out lilac bush so now we have a family of cats lol
    Heidikans

Comment by Heidikans (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I feel ppl like that should not own pets. A pet is a domestic animal not a wild animal. However, unless they are being abused there is nothing you can do. If you feel its necessary then talk to your neighbor and let them know that you are concerned. Just dont take it personal if/when they tell you to mind your own business. Id def worry to if I saw the poor things out in the cold :(
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Pray for it and hope it finds shelter, I'd keep my eye out for it That's horrible of them. They do not deserve those cats.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• if they don't pick up the cats call spca they will get them and charge your neighbours crule to annimals
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 8:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It's so good of you to take in the cats... YOU ARE WONDERFUL FOR DOING THAT. Poor kitties... You can make a shelter for them that is inexpensive like this : Get a wooden box that is good sized or a dog house. Put it in a sheltered area. Hang a piece of carpet over the door. Stuff the inside with straw or hay. Then, place bales of straw or hay around the box's outside for extra insulation and protective, thick walls. Introduce the cats to it. If they go inside it, they'll discover that the dry, fully hay makes a great bed. The fluffed up hay acts like a thermal blanket to trap the cat's body heat. GOOD LUCK TO YOU & THE CATS !!!
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 8:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It's good that you did that for the kitties.
    I have neighbors like that too and I would bring their cat in all the time, feed him and etc...
    Now I leave a carpeted cat house on my front porch and when it starts to get to cold I will
    put a thermal blanket around it for more warmth...

And don't be surprised if your caring for the kitties go unthanked...

Good Luck and stay safe thru the storm... ALL of you...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010