Do you teach Montessori?

I have 2 children. Kassie is 9 months and Seth is 4 years old. I came across the Montessori type of education and am intrigued. Seeing that Montessori preschools are expensive, I would like to do this type of education at home with my children until 1st grade where I will move on to Classical Education. But, I could use some guidance.

CaptivatedByGod

Asked by CaptivatedByGod at 7:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't teach montessori, but my son goes to one. He is 20 months old and has been going for a about 5 months now. They really are tuly amazing with him. He has advanced so much since he has been going there.And usually they don't cost any more than what a daycare would, his is actually quite a bit cheaper than some of the daycares around. We pay $80 a week and it is more than worth it. He loves going and we plan on letting him stay until he starts kindergarten.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Check out this website -

http://www.montessori.edu/
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• bump
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i think they are great... i would agree with the first poster though... may as well just get used to going to "school" if you can afford it.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We aren't planning on sending the kids to school anyway. We are planning on homeschooling them. I am a SAHM. We can't afford daycare, let alone a montessori preschool. Anyway, the one near us is very expensive and Seth is already too old to start there. They require the child to be 3 and you have to sign a 3 year contract. Can't do that!
    CaptivatedByGod

Comment by CaptivatedByGod (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• no
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 12:30 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I love Montessori for school and home. It is a way of life. My son has been attending a Montessori school since he was one and we just continue with the ideas at home. I read asuch as I can on the method, create a home that allows for him to do as much as he can on his own. You can go to your local M school and ask for ideas to do it at home. Partner with them. They will see you as a future possible student to enroll your kids....but in the mean time you get some help. iTunes university has a grat way of explaining how lessons work and why. I down load so I can understand my son's work process better. All I can say is it works so well with my child's personality I keep on using it every chance I get.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:49 PM on Nov. 25, 2010