Would you be happy with this grade?

With the first submission of my research paper (we have to revise it and submit it twice more) I got 57 points out of a possible 75. I am so frusterated with myself. I worked on that paper for hours and it was a true representation of my very best work and effort. I have been getting the max number of points on the short one page writing assignments. But they were only 10% of the grade and 10 points each. It honestly seems kind of out of place that all of the sudden I didn't get a perfect score.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in

• Knowing that you have two more tries on this paper that wouldn't be an acceptable grade. If that was my only shot then that would be a grade I'd have to live with, though it isn't a grade I would want to have. However, knowing that I could revise it two more times and really improve on it would make me want to work harder. Give it more and put more of myself into it. Read it over, have someone else read it over and let them give you their honest opinions. Then work on it and do a better job. There's not a such thing as "The best that I have", because you can always do better. Always.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would be happy if I KNEW that I had done all I could do :) What more can you do really?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• thats one thing I hate about grades... it can steal the joy out of something you work really hard at :( sorry. Maybe ask your professor why you go tthat grade.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• For me no. My dh would then tell me that if I have done my best, that is all that matters. I would eventually come around. (:
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Think about it. If you got a 75 and you have to rewrite and submit two more times, you would not have anything to work towards. So your first draft is a high C, your second will be a high B or low A. Then the final will be an A+. Your doing great. Your professor is making your work and really put yourself out there. Do it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm a perfectionist when it comes to grades, so no i wouldn't be. I would find out what was wrong and double my effort to fix it. If you done so well so far it could be that the teacher is holding you to a higher standard now
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010