Starting to Show

Hi everyone,

Today I am 6 weeks and 4 days along. My question is that even though this is my first pregnancy why am I already starting to show? Is it possible that we are having more than 1 baby? I know that they run in my husband's family, but we don't have an ultrasound until the 27th of December. Just trying to figure something's out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You will find out in December. Their is no way of knowing now. You should be glad you are having this baby in this day and age. Back before ultra sound you just waited tell you went into labor to find out you where having twines.

Answer by louise2 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It is always possible that you may be having more than one. If you are concerned about this, you can get your doctor to give you an early ultrasound. Otherwise, bloating is very common. At this point your uterus has not yet popped up above the pelvic bone - this doesn't happen until 12 weeks. Until then, any pooch is pretty much just bloating.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 8:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Twins are the product of a woman's body releasing more than one egg at ovulation or the spontaneous splitting during formation... can't run on the paternal side of a family.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 8:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't know about that, my husbands side has 3 sets of twins...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Well...the same thing happened to me early in the pregnancy...and the dr said some women get bloated and/or retain water early in pregnancy because of hormones going crazy so that could be it
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 8:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm 6 weeks 3 days! :) I didn't start showing with my son until I was 20 something weeks. This baby, I feel like I'm already showing but I know I'm not. It depends on your body. Sometimes you can show early or sometimes you can show late.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I was hugely pregnant with my twins and I didn't start showing until 12 weeks. My pants were a bit tight at around 8 weeks, but I just looked bloated. You don't show at 6 weeks, even with multiples.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2010