Any exp. with Allergies, or mouth injury, maybe.. not sure?

Friday my son came home with swollen lips, a friend at school ran into him and the back of her head hit him in the mouth. His front teeth were sore, and top lip was split on the inside. Yesterday he had a canker sore he showed me on the bottom lip, it's still there today, his lips are both even more swollen, his teeth are so sore he can't hardly eat, or brush his teeth. The inside of left is blood red like pink eye but only on the inner corner, and his glands are really swollen (that just happend this afternoon when he came home from school). He seems ok untill he tries to bite his food, his gums are not puffy, his throat is not sore, no fever. I plan on taking him to the dr. tomorow. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this?

1nglmom3

Asked by 1nglmom3 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It sounds like he may have an infection of some sort in his mouth, probably as a result of the accident with the girl's head. Try having him rinse his mouth with warm salt water, not too much salt, as it will sting. I'm glad he's going to the doc.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i agree with PP, sounds like he has an infection, definately keep him rinsing even if it is just plain water (incase salt stings to much) at least it will be cleaning it. The human mouth is gross so an open cut can definately get infected quick, keep an eye on his temp. if he gets even i slight fevor i'd go to the emergency room.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• warm water and salt rinse is the best remedy but do check for any loose teeth or fractured teeth. You do wanna see a dentist asap.Good luck.
    mommaresh

Answer by mommaresh at 9:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No I haven't, but sending you good wishes Mom!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH
    1nglmom3

Comment by 1nglmom3 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would take him to the dentist to be sure everything is okay. My son was hit in the mouth and it caused him to have problems with the roots on a certain tooth. An infection set in and his mouth got really bad. He ended up with a root canal. It wouldn't hurt to have a dentist tell you everything is okay.
    Also, with the eyes, that could be from the hard hit to the head. Did it hit his nose at all? That could cause the eyes to have the issues they are having. I would still have the teeth checked out. Once the baby teeth are gone you only get that one set. I am always a freak about losing them.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:43 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yeah that sounds like an infection or something, I would get him to dr asap.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 7:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2010