Anyone else scared?

I am almost 7 weeks pregnant. But because of hearing about all the miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies and etc. I am really scared that something is going to happen to the baby. I have no reason to believe that anything is wrong with the baby (no bad pains, no blood, etc.) but yet at night I have overwhelming nightmares that I'm going to lose the baby. This is my first pregnancy. I'm just wondering if anyone else was worried about things like this with their first pregnancy. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think the unknown just brings a little fear into all of us. Especially since this is your first its a whole new world. I think the best thing you can do is educate yourself and stay happy and healthy for you and baby. Congrats.
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 8:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I was scared about lifting heavy things while preg.the dreams are just crazy, i've had awful ones that thank the lord NEVER came true!!!
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It's very normal to be scared. Many people who have not experienced loss go through pregnancy in a foolish mindset that nothing could possibly go wrong. Don't worry too much, and don't forget to be happy. Stressing too much won't help anything. Just take care of yourself and try to remember that miscarriage may be a possibilty, but there's a much better chance of your baby being just fine.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 8:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my first baby, I thought I would go insane in the first 3 months. I used to have horrible, bloody nightmares. I would dream that I was waking up in a giant pool of blood, that horrible, tragic things were happening to my family and friends, and so on. It got so bad that I went to tell my doctor about it and broke down crying. It was so disturbing. It stopped around the 3 month mark and I went on to have weird dreams that my baby was 2 weeks old and I had never fed him because I couldn't tell when he was hungry. I also had dreams in the last week that I was at our family reunion and gave birth to a 5 pound baby ferret and couldn't figure out if that was my baby or if there was also a human in there. Luckily, when I was pregnant with my second, I only had vivid sex dreams.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• first time pregnancy will always have u on edge when i was first pregnant with my son i was always too careful about every lil thing scared that i was gonna hurt him..i cnt relate with the dreams though..but when i was pregnant with my second it was more of an exciting feeling...u still got a long way..but its a joful experience..u can buy lil baby books and read inspirationals quote to help u from thinking about bad things happening..as long as u are healthy and happy so is the baby..and when u are more into ur pregancy ur feelings will pass..well for my son the thing that soothe me most was spending belly time with him weird i know but its a real good way to bond with baby and they can hear u..but u and baby will be ok dnt strain urself or overwork urself alot of rest is good and lil excersise are good too..congrats on the bby hun..he/she will bring lots of joy and happieness
    ProudMami1990

Answer by ProudMami1990 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• This is my third pregnancy, but my first two ended in miscarriage and a partial molar pregnancy. So when I found out I was pregnant this time, I was very scared that something was going to go wrong. However, since then, I have been able to hear the baby's heartbeat (which you should be able to hear in a couple weeks) as well as see the baby with the ultrasound. Not to mention the fact that I am now in my second trimester. All of this has helped me to calm down and know that everything is alright. You just have to take it one day at a time and be thankful for each day you go through with no complications.
    c_prokaski

Answer by c_prokaski at 8:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Im sure everything will be just fine...you have a good reason to worry but just relax and take it easy...thats the best thing you can do
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 8:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I miscarriage my first pregnancy. I did not have any sign that it was coming. I went to the bathroom and had blood. 4 weeks later I found out I was pregnant with my son. Don't stress yourself out. I know how hard it is. I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant with my second baby and it's not to worry but I've already had an ultrasound and everything is going the way it should. With the baby I miscarried... The sac never had a baby in it.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yeah I was worry when I first found out I'm pregnant, I didn't tell anyone untill I pass the 12 wk period. My mom didn't have any mc so I know I'll be fine, but it's always in the back of my head
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Im 41 and recently found out im pregnant so Im just as scared as a new soon to be mom would be mostly because of my age....Im around 10 weeks give or take a week since I cant remember when my last period was....this will be my 3rd child any suggestions for me as well???
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2010