Would your child rather do chores or take a punishment?

kim0167

Asked by kim0167 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• In my house its not option to not do your chores. I also don't punish when they aren't done, we negotiate the time they will be completed and my children always do them once negotiate. They both have very busy schedules so I know its hard to do them consistently but they are always done.
    My kids are rarely punished, but they have told me they would rather I beat them then ground them. (I would never beat them, but I found it interesting)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My kids don't usually give me trouble about chores, but they are young. When I was a teen I did my chores and my sisters chores just so I didn't have to deal with the punishments... She was the kind that preferred the punishment over the chores, which never made any sense because the punishments usually meant she had to do the chores PLUS... So go figure...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My dd is almost 4 so if I let her "help" me clean it is a fun this but I watch my 11 year old brother a lot and if he gets in trouble when I am watching him, you can bet he is not gonna go sit in time out ect while I clean the house. Everytime he does something wrong, he does a chore and if it is not done right then he has to redo it AND do another chore ontop of that. It works pretty well.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My 24 year old would rather take a punishment.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• In our house if you don't do the chores, you get both so it's not a choice for them. If it's their job, it's their job. If I have to nag at them they still have to do it, plus more and get their allowance docked.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Chores instead of punishment? That sets up a bad president. Chores are just that. Although that's how I get my kids to earn money. Chores = reward.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 2:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• chores
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 27, 2010