What do you buy a baby for his/her first Christmas?

My son just turned six months old and I have gotten him a few things for Christmas. I was just wondering if what I bought him was appropriate and what else I could posssibly buy for him.

LadyTierney

Asked by LadyTierney at 8:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• clothes, maybe extra binkys,sippy cups, new crib sheets,etc.
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 8:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We didn't buy our kids anything for their first Christmas. They weren't going to remember and we didn't feel it was important to.

However, things you can buy your child are things that he can grow into. Toys that can help him interact and learn, as well as use his body in different ways. Balls are a good toy. Ones he can easily hold onto, chew on, and chase after when they get away from him. Musical toys. Stacking Toys. Building Blocks. Different interactive toys electronic or otherwise. A walk to Ride toy. Just anything that is recommended for children above his current age group, so he can grow into it. As well as learn how to use it and his body/mind all at the same time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My son just turned 7 months. I picked out a Hallmark ornament for "Babys First Christmas", my mom got me one every year when I was growing up. I am getting him a savings bond. I got one toy to wrap up just so he can open something.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My son was like 9 mos old so I got him a little toy cell phone and some link toys =)
    My daughter is now going to have her first Christmas, and I have no idea what to get her lol.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• things they NEED. a couple of toys yes but they wont judge. might as well put the $$ to good use
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It's no fun for a child to open clothes for Christmas - it's boring!!!!!! Buy small bright coloured gifts that is exciting to open.... I chose to buy one big gift, and then a couple of small cheap gifts.
    Doreen633

Answer by Doreen633 at 5:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i bought him 2 cute sleepers: One that said I love my Mommy and I love my Daddy.
    because he was only 2 months old.
    But, personally I wouldn't buy a bunch of stuff the first couple of years, save it for the years that they actually want to open gifts!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my daughter will be 5 months and im getting her a few learning toys and a new car seat and stuff i know she will need books .. clothes and just stuff like that
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2010