Make up

So I've got a new job (yay! finally!) and I need to wear make up. But I don't know how to put most of it on. I can do my eyes okay but I need to know mainly about foundation. What's the best kind? My friend told me to get the liquid/powder combo because it'll be easier for me. I don't have a lot of acne just redness in my cheeks (discolored complexion). I'd like to be able to purchase whatever at a drugstore as I'm not driving far to get make up. :) I can post a face pic if that'll help.

dmdblleb

Asked by dmdblleb at 8:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I LOVE bare minerals because it is so light but it really looks nice on anyone with any kinds of skin tone. If you buy their starter kit it comes with an instructional DVD that shows you how to put it one correctly too!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I've always liked covergirl liquid powder -- it doesn't dry out your skin, and for me, it helped prevent acne.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• and I buy my bare minerals online
    AshleyBishop06

• Personally I'm a fan of mineral makeup over just about anything else, it's very easy to apply and covers wonderfully. Plus it's better for your skin than other options which can make you break out... I buy mine online, but you can get them at any drugstore too.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Honestly, most jobs don't have requirements as far as makeup goes so I would just leave off the foundation and stick with this routine: Wash face with exfoliant, apply moisturizer, MAYBE a toner (will give you a glow), then eyes and mouth (whatever it is you wanna do, just remember that heavy eye stuff and heavy mouth stuff doesn't look right, one of them must be light). Foundations are pretty gross if you aren't used to wearing them and I don't think its worth it since it clogs up your pores so badly.
    The exfoliant and moisturizer will help make your skin look better naturally and the toner (if you get it) can help even out your skin tones while giving you a soft glow without actually covering you face (and you don't have to worry about blending the lines!)
    Just my opinion, but I hate foundation, lol.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I like the Covergirl mouse (comes in pump form), but I love the mineral makeup best!
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 8:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I like the Ulta brand, and they have a special online for buy two get two any items free as long as it's the ulta brand.
    Girlsabadfish

Answer by Girlsabadfish at 8:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would think you would only need powder and not a full foundation but I went from Chanel at 50/bottle to Covergirl (stuff in a pump) and I really like it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would suggest that you try the toner first if you can. I have the same redness issue in my cheeks and on my nose and it took care of that for me.I don't remember the brand or anything but it worked!!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 8:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I watch the Mark make up videos from my phone and play around....I love the Hook ups! they can fit anyplace at anytime..you can choose what you want,from lip gloss to eyeliner or eye shadow stick to pretty much ANYTHING lol...(I am not asking you to buy anything from me lol just take a look at the videos and get some ideas)

http://rboren.mymarkstore.com/

http://explore.meetmark.com/

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 8:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010