When were you able to figure out the gender?

I went and had my first ultrasound yesterday and the woman told me that to know for sure, I would have to wait until 20 weeks. However, she said that she could try and make a guess right there on the spot, but the baby wasn't having it. He/she sat Indian style throughout the entire ultrasound so she couldn't even take a guess. So I am just curious to know when and the story behind everyone else finding out the gender of their baby.

c_prokaski

Asked by c_prokaski at 8:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was lucky because my boys were not ever shy. There was no mistaking the gender.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• its a girlits a boyI had to wait until 19 weeks. Even then they weren't for sure. I think thats so cute he was indian style. He or She really didnt want you looking at thier goodies.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It is pretty standard for the Dr. to wait until 20 weeks, if the baby cooperates it is possible to find out sooner, when I worked in the ER we had a Dr. who loved to practice gender identification on us pregnant ladies and he got pretty good at around 15 weeks. But with most OBGYN they wait until 20 weeks.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I didn't get an ultrasound inbetween 13 weeks (which is too early) and 20 weeks, so 20 weeks is when I found out!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 8:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• 17 weeks. Boy and they were right.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• 19 weeks 5 days. They were right what I was having. I was fainting really bad for awhile at 16-17 weeks and I had to go in for an ultrasound to make sure the baby was okay. The doctor said at the time that it looked like a boy... 3 weeks later it was FOR SURE!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I saw both my boys little parts in the US at 18 weeks :-)
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 9:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• After I gave that last rrrrrrrrRRRRRROOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR, and hubby yelled, "I see balls!"

;o)
    Sarahsdawn

Answer by Sarahsdawn at 10:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had an ultrasound to check at 22 weeks. She had her legs crossed at the ankles with cord in between, so we couldn't tell. I had another one done at 28 weeks and she was at a difficult angle. He guessed it was a girl though from what he could see but wasn't forsure! The day before i had (39 weeks) her he did another ultrasound bc she had decreesed movement and you could see 100% baby girl! Thank god because I had prepared for a girl and to find out she was a boy would have sucked at the last minute!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 1:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have 3 weeks till we find out!!! I will be just about 2-3 days shy of 21 weeks... Dec 15th cant come fast enough
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 7:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2010