Are trains and subways next?

As well as ships and federal buildings for the scanners?

What will it take for some of you to say enough is enough?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/130549-next-step-for-body-scanners-could-be-trains-boats-and-the-metro-

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Makes me wonder what cancer rates are going to be like 10-20 years from now.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Don't worry! The government will protect us.

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Have you heard about the mobile scanner van things? Apparently they are testing this out.
    I guess the 4th Amendment is just some words on a piece of paper. It doesn't protect us from this kind of shit or anything
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 8:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• – collapse
    ARe you asking ME to do something about this?Imean you are saying "What will it take...." I can't do anything.
    You can't either.
    Get used to it.
    Or move to another country.
    I don't know.....
    This is very repititious.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• kerp, you don't know how a Republic works do you?
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No, the people don't have ANY power. None at all.
    God it's amazing how cowed people have gotten in the last couple of decades. Just bend over and take it.

You guys can do that. I am going to exercise my rights to protest, to contact my representatives, the airline I frequent, the airport I fly out of, tourist destinations...anyone and everyone who is negatively impacted by this bullshit.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 9:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• going crazyIt's okay ... the government is our friend ... the government takes care of us ... the government protects us

It's okay ... the government is our friend ... the government takes care of us ... the government protects us

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Trains and buses- it would never happen. Honestly it's kind of scary to think that anyone can board a train or a bus with a gun, bomb, etc. There is NO SECURITY at all.

Anonymous

• Honestly it's kind of scary to think that anyone can board a train or a bus with a gun

I'd trust my Glock over TSA ANY DAY.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• As long as people like Michael Chertoff and George Soros are making money off these scanners, we can expect them to pop up all over. Both political parties are getting lots of money from lobbyists to make sure they are in places other than airports.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010