For those that use cloth pads...

Do you use a "pad bucket" or more of a "diaper pail" or something else to keep them from becoming stained and grows while you wait for them to be washed...

I was looking through the "GladRags" website and they have a "pad bucket" in a few of their kits. I have never seen that kind of idea before, it's kinda cute. But that got me to wonder what everyone else uses...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Health

• Cloth pads for yourself, or the inserts for cloth diapers? I fill my washer half way in the mornings with a little soap, and let them soak all day. Then after bath time I run the rinse cycle. Then wash them, a few times a week I put some bleach in my bleach release thing in the washer, that keeps the germs and stains down.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Cloth pads for yourself... I wash them out by hand and put them in the diaper pail... I wish I could just fill the washer, but I don't have that option.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I never knew there were cloth pads, not these days I guess. If I didn't have a washer I would buy one of those big rubbermaid totes and use that as my "rinse" bucket until I could get to a laundramat.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have a washer, I just can't do the "fill" it all day thing because my BIL lives in the basement and I have to go through his apartment to get to it - and he's NOT a nice person...

But yes, there are LOTS of cloth options out there... I can't imagine using anything else!
    I think ETSY has the best prices, but you can get them through actual companies too...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• have to look into it, because tampons, even the light absorbancy ones hurt and come out, I wonder if I have a short vagina??? anyways, but pads are so expensive and you need them. awesome, thanks
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Have you tried a cup?

Cloth costs more to get in to, but like cloth diapers, it pays off in time & saves you a lot...

I have links for everything (cups & pads) on my blog -
    http://witchywonderland.blogspot.com/2010/09/this-big-blue-planet-aunt-flow.html

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I haven't heard of cloth pads for your period. Interesting idea though.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I just went and got a 5 gallon paint bucket from Lowes... They work wonderfully to house cloth diapers or pads waiting for the wash... they seal so there is no odor leakage, and are just lovely!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 9:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2010