Is it a requirement to be a "mom" on cafemom? Do you think most people on here are "moms"?

I know I am.

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 8:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am mom.....hear me scream..LOL, just kidding. I love being a mom. I haven't run into anyone that imight wonder if they are a man. Just figured it would be a all womens site. I am careful what i write.
    VGonzalez73

Answer by VGonzalez73 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I kinda assumed since it's called CafeMOM.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think most are though I don't believe it is a requirement. TO be honest I don;t see how much interest a women with out children or not interested in having children could have in a site of this nature...I mean other than stirring up trouble. lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No, it's not a requirement. But you are supposed to be female... Although I do tend to assume someone is a mom in some way if they are on here.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes, it is a requirement to a mom to be on this website. That is why it is called "Cafe MOM". Whether you're a step-mother, mother, grandmother, adopted mother, or otherwise.. you have to be a mom.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm not a mom yet...I found the site by trying to find an answer to whether or not I was normal after coming off of the depo shot, and haven't stopped checking it yet. I do plan to be a mom, and hopefully somewhat soon...so it's nice to get on and see so many of the different experiences and stuff like that...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 9:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• you can be TTC or a stepmom too

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree but I have to say, I think it isn't just moms on here. JMO.
    jeanclaudia

Comment by jeanclaudia (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No I think their are males on here. I'm definately a female:-) I have seen some profiles that look like males.. Be careful!
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it's supposed to be women who are moms in some stage of life. Pregnant, trying to get pregnant, trying to adopt, stepmothers....anyone who has some claim to motherhood or is trying to become a mom. I was under the impression that most people on here are moms, why would anyone who isn't want to sign up?
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 8:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010