Sinus infection

DAmnn.. I had no idea the pressure could get so bad you feel like you're gonna die! (there's no pain just immense pressure, that can sometimes take my breath away) Ahh... 2nd antibiotic I'm on. Augmentin.. 2nd day no relief.. is this ever gonna go away I have no cold symptoms either.. could it be something serious?
it comes and goes.. and tends to get the worse when I'm driving..
i have bad allergies.. but that stopped in september.

Po0okiebear69

Asked by Po0okiebear69 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Health

• I hear you. I've been battling it for awhile as well, seems like it never goes away. One thing that I have found that works is using a neti pot to help relieve some of the pressure.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You should try to use a neti pot! I to have allergies and I use it a few times a week and it helps! It cleans out your nose!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• IT must be inflammation.. because that doesn't help much either.. ha ha
    Po0okiebear69

Comment by Po0okiebear69 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I always have sinus infections. Like Jem102675 said, try a neti pot, they help with cleaning out the nose and use a humidifier when your sleeping. I use claritin D 24hrs, because it helps me breath. Stay away from sugars like candy and soda because they only make it worse. Drink lots of water. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Try putting very warm compresses on your forehead and across your nose.You could also try putting Vicks Vapo Rub in a bowl of hot water and put a towel over your head and breathe in the vapors.I use both of these methods and they help me.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Last time I had a really bad sinus infection I asked my doctor to give me a steroid shot. (also use aspercreme (sp?) on your forehead and around your sinus areas-the red sudafed tablets: take 2 to 4 every 4 to 6 hours helped me) Took away the pressure. Hope you feel better soon.

Weezermae55

Answer by Weezermae55 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• USE AFRIN 24 HOUR NASAL SPRAY - HUGE DIFFERENCE AND THEN TAKE BENADRYL
    carrielynn78

Answer by carrielynn78 at 5:49 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would seriously try a Neti-Pot.... I have a friend who had serious sinus pressure and she started using one and it has helped her tremendously... so much that she can actually taste and smell again after a really long time of not being able to do so... It is not really expensive, you can find it at Walmart or pretty much anywhere. A homemade version is to take an empty mustard bottle, mix a solution based of 1/2 tsp salt with 1/2 tsp baking soda, fill the mustard bottle with warm, not hot, water, mix it up, and then use like a neti pot. (Tilt your head to the side, and gently squeeze the fluid into one nostril so that it washes the sinuses and drains out the other nostril into the sink...) I have personally used one when having a sinus infection and love it!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 9:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Nose spray works for me. I use either Sinex or afrin. Take two dayquill and go for a walk. Usually it is gone after an hour. To keep it at bey I keep up with this for two or three days, night time I use nyquil and sleep on three or four pillows. Try to eat healthy foods, drink plenty of water as to keep everything moving. Wear sunglasses on sunny days.
    Oh yeah one other thing that helps loosen up the sinus pressure is spicy foods. Eat something very spicy it will make you cry and every thing will liquefy in your sinus cavities.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my husbands was so bad 2 days ago his nose bled from it....I have SEVERE allergies and never had that happen before..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010