its better to try and strike out than not to try at all....right?

i have my husband, family,my instructor, and friends pushing me to get my degree in pharmacy. its something i want to do but not sure if i want that much responsibility. my instructor and sister keep tellin me that with the education that i will i get ill have nothing to worry about. with 6 to 8 years of school i will be prepared with whatever comes at me. im going to enroll into the university next fall even though im not sure about it. my instructor told me today that if she didnt think i could i could do it she wouldnt push me so much. she would know more than most people i guess....your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• You are right to be cautiously optomistic. That's a hard course of study. It's hard to even get into pharmacy school. There's usually a waiting list. However, if you are worried about giving the wrong drug, I can tell you, that there are new ways to check & recheck what meds are being given to prevent od's. If you are up for it, then I say go for it! They make good money too! Good luck :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm in the same boat...when I graduated high school back in 1983 I wanted to be a RN but my parents couldn't afford college...I went on, got married and got an accounting degree and then discovered I didn't like accounting. Go figure! Anyhow, I've had a very successful career in sales but with the economy, that fell through in 06/08 at which time I decided to go for the RN. That's what I'm working on now at the age of 45, so you see...better late than never!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't think anyone should ever pay for a college or university education in a field they aren't already interested in: college is an expensive place to find out you aren't even slightly interested in a subject, much less interested in spending 2000 hours a year working on it for 30 or 40 years.

There is work in an unimaginable range of areas people get paid in, and often mistake how rarely anyone is famous in the field with how much full-time and well-paid work there is. In everything from music to cleaning, there are superstars everyone knows the name of (from Ozzy to Martha Stewart) and hundreds of thousands of others making a respectable living, too.

Do what you're interested in: at least that way you'll have some reason to get out of bed on Monday mornings.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010