If you were at 36 weeks and 2 cm's dialated at your check up, how long did it take you until you hit labor?

I'm now 37 weeks pregnant and still 2 cm's dilated, and just wondering on average how long it took some mom's to go into labor and have their babies after being check and found to be at 2 cm's. My first daughter I wasn't dilated at all when I went into the hospital because I was induced, so just curious.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 9:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends... At 36 weeks, I was a finger tip... 37 weeks 2 days my water broke and when they checked me I was 2! It just depends. The baby will come when it's ready.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• With my oldest I was dilated at 34weeks... I didn't deliver til 42 1/2 weeks...

So far with this one, I've been at 3cm for almost a month - I'm at 38wks now... I figure I still have a while

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• With my daughter I sat at 3cm for a whole month and she was born a day after her due date
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Dialation really means nothing. It's not a determination of when you will go into labor. If you have more than one child it's common to dialate to almost 3cm. My friend was thick and closed until the day she went into labor. I was at 5cm at 34 weeks with my son, had him at 38weeks(quick labor by the way), my daughter I was at 3 to 4 for three months, my other daughter I was a two, at 32 weeks. Everyone is different.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• At 36 weeks I was 2cm dilated. At 37 weeks I was 4cm dilated and 80% effaced. I remained that way until I went into labor at 38w3d. Labor was unsuccessful, lasting 92 hours without progress before the doc finally decided to put me on pitocin. Another 12 hours (making it 39w1d) and out came the baby. Good luck!
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 11:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• well with my 1st baby i was dialated to 2 cm for 6 days and then lost my plug and was in labor within 24 hrs of that.......with my 2nd i was dialated to 4 cm for a wk and then lost my plug and again within 24 hrs was in labor! The more pregnancies you have the longer ur cervix can be dialated before labor starts is what my dr said......she said she's seen mom's with their 3rd, 4th or 5th pregnancies walk around at 6 cm for 2 weeks before :-( eye i eye right!
    kness7

Answer by kness7 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I was induced at 36 weeks due to low amniotic fluid and when they check me I was 2cm. With my daughter I spend like 2 weeks in 2cm after I gave birth.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Cervical checks mean nothing. I've had women who were dilated to 4 cm for months, and I've had women all closed up and high one day, then holding a baby the next. There is no point in getting your cervix checked. Don't put too much stock into any of it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2010