Confused

The other night DH and I got into a huge argument.....He came home from work and we needed to go to the store to pick up a few things (no biggie) It seems the minute we stepped foot in the store , everything went down hill. I picked up a couple of frozen dinners (just to have) he made some smart comment about me being to lazy to cook...that set the tone! I told him , seriously? I only picked up a couple...not like a weeks worth of frozen dinners..... so we went back and fourth , he finally said he was going to the car...he didn't want to hear me bitch any more....fine....so on the way home the arguing started again.....I finally said...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? Then he said I HATE you...Do you hear me I hate you! I just need to tell you that !I was shocked! So we went home and he started packing his things....he said he had ...had enough and was leaving.....I just sat there and made little attempt to stop him.......Then he said he was to tired he was just going to bed...so this was a couple of days ago...he said sorry...but honestly I can't get the "I HATE YOU" out of my head.....I've been kind of stand offish towards him...I just can't help it.....maybe this is childish....but could he really hate me???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you really need to sit down and have a long talk with him. You don't want to stay in a relationship if he really hates you. Even if he was just venting those are very strong words and I would want to know what is going on in his head and his heart.

Good Luck and be strong!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would have done the same thing. If someone was to tell that to me like that I would never keep that out of my head too. It hardish word to take in when someone u love tell u that. Like 4yrs ago my exdh told me he wasn't in love with me and that was hardish but I got over it for long period of time and move on. Using the word Hate is really hardish word to use when someone tell u that. I would asked him that if he really hates u and did he mean it.
    andmaef28

Answer by andmaef28 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I've been tired & had PMS & have never said that to my husb. Those are some strong words. I would tell him to explain himself or get some counseling. I dont blame you for being hurt. You deserve answers. (& better treatment) Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree..with mrsmom...even at your worst,you don't say something like that to your wife/husband. You desurve to know what else is goingon underneath that I hate you. I would be devistated if my husband did that to me. Hang in ther lady....hope that you can get some justification and he really means that he is sorry for saying that!
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sounds like he has no boundaries. In a good relationship there has to be lines you won't cross. He has tested the limits. Don't let it go. It may get worse. Don't "allow" anyone to talk to you like that. Make sure he knows that even if he doesn't have boundaries, you do, and you will not be treated that way by him or anyone else.
    Weezermae55

Answer by Weezermae55 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it is rather strange for someone who at one moment loves you and wants to spend their life with you then Hates you but it is definitely a sign that there is more to this than he is letting on. I would try to talk to him (calmly) about it but once it escalates I think it would then be best to seek counseling. First couseling for you only then invite him to join I think when you push counseling as a couple then the spouse ends up resenting the other for forcing it on them. Once you established your counseling then invite him to join if he refuses then it is time to realize he is not ready to tell you what the "REAL" issue is and it could be possibly (not necessarily) that he is having either an extra marital affair with someone and this is causing stress on your relationship with him because he is not able to seperate from it and you.

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• (con't) or he is no longer in love with you and is trying to tell you (however wrong it is) that he wants out.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010