Do you think its odd for me to be naming my baby this...?

Im currently pregnant with my first baby and its a boy! Im white my boyfriend is black. We were in babies r us today buying a few things and there was a woman in line after us and she had asked us what we were naming him and i said Ruben Anthony...and then she says oh well isnt that a latino name, why would you name your baby that? I was kind of taken back by her comment...i love the name Ruben and am not changing it, but do you find this a little rude at all, or is this just me being hormonal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Baby Names

• The name is fine. Ignore her idiocy.
    Anonymous

• I dont see anything wrong with the name...in fact i like it. it goes together well
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Well, it was quite forward, i think she must be the type of person who says what she thinks without actually thinking about tact LOL. I LOVE the name!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• slapshe is quite nosey imo.. yeah that was rude

maya123

Answer by maya123 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Its a good name
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 9:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Uh, Ruben Stutter (that guy from the Idol show was black)
    Anyways, don't let others bother you. Some people just don't know what they are saying can be offensive sometimes. My oldest is Xavier and we are German, and I mean white haired german people....and yesterday someone pronounced it "Hav-ier" after reading it, the spanish/mexican pronunciation. I said No, it's "X-A-vier".
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• First of all the ONLY person i know or have heard of with the name Ruben was a big ass black guy LOL! Second, my husband is 1/2 fillipino and 1/2 black and i'm white so i kinda understand, people always say my kids have WHITE names.....or when they give me name advice they suggest ghetto or crazy sounding names and i'm WTF really LOL! Name ur kid what YOU like hun dont worry about nobody else.....especially older ppl, they tend to be the worst about that :-(
    kness7

Answer by kness7 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• sealed lipYeah that was rude. She needs to shut it that wasn't necessary.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I like the name.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• That was rude as hell!!!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 9:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010